A diversified global-leading company with market leading technology and products in a variety of areas has an active need for a SAP Specialist. It will be for their primary Chemical manufacturing facility in North America located in Huntsville, AL. This position will be the technical focal point for the IT group's SAP plans and systems used in their highly automated operations. Position comes with competitive salary and bonus, outstanding benefits, and will be in a progressive, people-conscious, work environment.
To plan, coordinate, administer, and manage the plant’s IT functions in accordance with company policies and procedures and generally accepted IT practices.
Maintains an effective plant IT organization.
Establishes and maintains procedures and controls at the plant in order to develop the IT function consistent with company policies and guidelines, as well as, adherence to sound, generally accepted IT principles.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/work experience, plus 8-10 years work experience in professional IT setting. Experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment is required. Effective communication and project management skills are essential. Maturity, initiative and ability to be part of a team is essential. Must have ability to effectively interact with varying levels of management. Must have working knowledge of current IT methods and practices. International experience is a plus. Thorough functional and technical knowledge of SAP is required for this position. Knowledge of ABAP programming language is strongly preferred.
ABAP Developer / Programmer:
- In-depth ABAP coding knowledge is strongly preferred and with demonstrated experience across multiple SAP modules.
- Understand user’s functional requirements to support configuration team.
- Smartforms and Workflow knowledge are a plus.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of SAP end to end implementation process, including master data configuration.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical competencies.
- Candidate will also perform user and technical security of the system – Basis knowledge is essential.
- Provide design, technical development, and implementation for SAP Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflows.
- A good general understanding of core SAP system functionality and experience supporting SAP in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedure for SAP development.
- Collaborates with team to determine strategy and plan for system implementations and upgrades.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt, regular, and dependable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Serves and participates on a wide variety of committees, including safety committee, and profit improvement committee.
- Helps to develop and prioritize IT’s SAP plan to support ongoing needs with in the plant.
- Advises and counsels various managers of other departments on IT
projects, new and upcoming technology and IT solutions to business
- Confers with and assists staff personnel on day-to-day problems and procedures.
- Keeps well informed and abreast of new developments in IT and business
applications through contact with educational institutions and
professional societies and perusal of texts, technical papers, and
- Assists with the preparations of the IT capital expenditures strategy plan and monitors performance against the approved plan.
- Analyzes and reports cost effect or manufacturing changes regarding IT equipment and software.
- Provides direct support to the SAP user community, consisting of one-on-one support as well as group support for SAP projects.