Corporate Accounting Sr. Analyst
Position provides technical accounting support in numerous areas, most significantly for Treasury. A primary focus is on research and consultation related to accounting for financial instruments and hedging activities. Provide accounting consultation/support for business development transactions, including representing accounting group in emerging markets business development group activities. Position requires deep and broad technical accounting expertise and technical accounting research capabilities to advise and support multiple business units on a global basis to ensure compliance with US GAAP and Lilly global accounting policies. Provide accounting consultation to international affiliates, HR groups, and manufacturing on restructuring activities and asset impairments. Assist with updates of financial accounting policies as requested. Prepare accurate, timely, and GAAP compliant quarterly and annual financial instrument and debt footnotes for filing with the SEC.
• Technical consultation and advice to wide and varied financial and non-financial internal groups to resolve accounting issues particularly related to financial instruments (including derivatives) and hedge accounting, restructuring activities and asset impairments. Perform or assist with the on-going accounting for these areas as assigned.
• Other areas of technical consultation will be broad and include lease accounting, bad debt reserves, miscellaneous accounting inquiries, income tax accounting, and accounting assistance on business development transactions.
• Actively monitor emerging changes in accounting rules that could have an impact on our business and evaluate the potential impact. Educate appropriate groups within the organization on a timely basis as to the pending changes and the potential impact on the business.
• Monitor and coordinate revisions and updates to the Global Accounting and Financial Standards as requested.
• Prepare footnotes for Form 10-Q and annual report as requested, including financial instruments, debt, and other comprehensive income.
• Provide specific deal execution and support for Treasury, Tax and HR.
• Review exposure drafts of accounting and reporting issues that impact our company and industry, and write responses to the FASB, EITF, PCAOB, SEC and IASB, when deemed appropriate.
• Lead or assist with implementation of new accounting pronouncements as requested.
• Lead or assist with other special projects as assigned
• Provide training on accounting matters to internal customers and lead internal accounting update sessions.
• Explain complex accounting issues and the business implications to financial and non-financial business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other Financial related field
• CPA required and must be maintained
• At least 6 - 9 years of relatively current public accounting or similar experience
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
• Solid technical accounting background with extensive knowledge of current US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
• Strong and recent experience researching and resolving multiple complex, technical accounting issues related to financial instruments and hedge accounting
• Recent previous experience with external reporting for public companies
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to lead and influence others
• Experience with large, multi-national corporations
• SAP knowledge helpful