Sr. Auditor - Orlando, FL
Senior Auditor participates in execution of financial as well as information technology audits at the company’s various business units around the world and performs other audit duties as a result of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
· Identifies procedural breakdowns and contributes sound recommendations for improvements in controls, operating
efficiency and/or profit enhancement.
· Relates observed facts to causes within assigned audit areas and develops a logical sequence of findings.
· Meets with business unit personnel to discuss initial findings, verify facts, obtain explanations and explore
· Prepares draft audit findings and opportunities in report format and obtains management’s action plan in response to
· Plans audit to focus on more risky areas based upon detailed analytical work done up front and communications
with relevant parties. Continually re-evaluates this assessment while in the field and responds as appropriate.
· Prepares thorough and organized work papers that provide a good audit trail including tests and supporting
· Understands Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Keeps current with technical and professional knowledge, actively pursues new skills and knowledge to prepare for
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting
· Three to four years audit experience in a “Big 4” or other public accounting firm; experience in information
technology audit work extremely desirable
· CPA designation or equivalent (or at least be actively involved in sitting for tests)
· Ability to travel to 70% (international travel)
· Strong understanding of general business systems, practices and control techniques
· Ability to independently review, analyze and develop recommendations in functional areas (e.g., accounting,
finance, engineering, marketing, etc.) going beyond the pure execution of audit program steps and draw conclusions
as to management’s effectiveness in maintaining a sound control environment. Ability to identify any impact on initial
risk assessment profile based upon findings and determine and carry out level of follow up work required to ensure
results are properly reflected in results submission to Group and Corporate.
· Computer proficiency, including expertise with spreadsheets and word processing software
· Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate effectively through personal discussions, oral
presentations and written reports
· Current US work authorization required